Groestlcoin: Moving to PoW + PoS, anonymous GroestlSend feature and… a topless model

groestlcoinGroestlcoin (GRS) has announced that after many requests from their community, the coin will be changed to run on a hybrid Proof-of-Work (PoW) and Proof-of-Stake(PoS) from early July.

This will be a split of 70% mining on PoW with the other 30% coming from PoS. The total coins ever to be released will remain at the same level, but a new block reward halving schedule will mean that new coins will continue to be generated for an additional 10 years; right into 2033.

This will be gradually implemented by decreasing by 10% each day between block number 120,000 and 150,000 when it will reach 25 GRS. Also noted in their 2014 roadmap was the introduction of anonymous sending feature “GroestlSend” being added by block number 200,000 — a feature I think we’ll see quite a few coins implementing in some way over the coming months.

Other things worth noting are an impending multipool, a P2Pool in the works, and a web-based JavaScript/WebGL Groestlcoin mining site expected to launch before the end of the year.

Last thing  I’ll mention is the “advertising campaign featuring a body-painted model”  being launched sometime this week. Not sure why an unclothed female with a coin painted on her chest was necessary to promote this coin, but if it interests you there’s a few somewhat not suitable for work photos from the shoot available.

You can read the full post containing the roadmap for Groestlcoin in 2014 over on the official forums.