It has been announced today that many of the vendors at the Hester Street Fair on New York City are now accepting Bitcoin using BitPay’s payment system.
Based in the Lower East Side of New York City, the outdoor marketplace now allows you to buy a range of items with BTC; from ice cream and sandwiches, to notebooks and jewellery. They hope this will appeal to some of the younger audience that visits the fair, while saving the vendors some money on payment processing fees.
Suhyun Pak, Cofounder of Hester Street Fair & NYC Bitcoin Fair, comments:
We are excited to be working with BitPay to offer our vendors a way to use this cutting-edge technology. Hester Street Fair will be the place where the Bitcoin community can socialize, shop, and eat.
Between April 26th and October 26th, the Hester Street Fair will be open on both Saturdays and Sundays between 11am and 6pm.
Visit their website to learn more.
Here’s a full list of the vendors at the fair who are currently accepting Bitcoin:
- Hudson & Charles – Serving a rotating menu of sandwiches
- Melt Bakery – NYC’s first ever Ice Cream Sandwich Shop
- An Artistic Taste – Your favorite comfort food with a twist
- Baron Fig – Elegant notebooks for creative types
- Rosette – Popular Lower East Side restaurant
- Café Patoro – Brazilian cheese breads with non-traditional flavors
- Calmer Sutra Tea – Chai tea and other blended teas
- Xcubicle – Lower East Side Bitcoin workshops and hacker space
- Rachel Mae’s Farmstand – A farmstand from Long Island
- Delicate Raymond – Costume jewelry